A loud, irreverent podcast discussing the delights of Clojure, ClojureScript with leaders and folks of the Community
04 – Collections
An overview of core and contributed collections and their use.
Overview of Persistent Collections
- Immutable Persistent Collections
- List vs Vector
- Linked list vs tree implementation
- Map vs Set
- Key can be anything
- KV | Unique KV
- Relational operations on set are outside of core
- Seq library
- Interop with Java iterable
- Functions are written to work against the Seq interface
- Immutability and Persistence
- What is it?
- Why is it important?
- Implementation notes
- Lazy collections
- What does it mean to be lazy?
- What does it mean to hold on the head?
- Sometimes you need side effects so you cannot be lazy
- Persistent vs. Transient
- Specter - Nathan Marz