A loud, irreverent podcast discussing the delights of Clojure, ClojureScript with leaders and folks of the Community
07 – Datomic with Robert Stuttaford
A tour of Datomic and a field report from Robert - a leading edge production pioneer.
- Why Clojure at Cognician?
- Wow - the Cognician Stack though
- Why Datomic?
- Datomic production readiness
- Datomic Architecture
- Querying with Datomic
- Database queries across time (past, present and future)
- Datomic schemas - pros and cons
- Production scale at Cognician
- Tooling - the REPL and Clojure
- Scaling Datomic (esp caching)
- Transactor (incl serialisation)
- Storage backends (and interchangeability!)
- What is the Pro support like?
- Options for Licensing Datomic
- The awesome POWER of Temporal data
- ANSI SQL2011
- Excision - can Datomic forget me?
- Annotated transactions - auditing and troubleshooting
- Ctrl-Z in a database!!
- Database functions
- Licensing model, planning and the cloud
- Drivers for JVM / Non-JVM clients (REST API)
- Datascript (Nikita Prokopov)