A loud, irreverent podcast discussing the delights of Clojure, ClojureScript with leaders and folks of the Community
10 - Spec.ial
10th episode … holy shit we hit double figures!
We celebrate with another village idiot special, this time discussing spec
Thanks again to Lucas and Michael for a great episode last time. There is lots of love out there for the project so keep it up!
- A short, possibly disastrous interlude from defray: impure amusement
- A podcast first for the Clojure Comedian
Main discussion - Spec
- What it is - what is the history: Type checking, contracts and Prismatic schema
- Why in 1.9, not just a lib?
- What can we do with it?
- Optional type specification for data and functions
- Compile time checking
- Validity / Conformance: Results / Errors as a map
- Generative testing - test.check
- Runtime checking
- Namespaces on keywords: the revenge of XML continues :)
- Effect on the language
- What happens to macros?
- Better error messages?
- Effect on the eco-system: better tooling? versioning?