Another village idiot special where we discuss what it means to scale with Clojure.
- Thanks for keeping on listening and for the positive feedback.
News & Events
- https://juxt.pro/XT16.html – 6th October, 2016
- Defn will be at Euroclojure – October 25/26
- EuroClojure talks – David Nolen, Carin Meier etc.
- Onyx got funding
- re-frame a new version
- Ambrose IndieGoGo : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/typed-clojure-clojure-spec-auto-annotations#/
Main discussion – Scaling with Clojure
- OOP has design patterns UML etc. OOAD
- Scaling – two thingies: Static vs. Dynamic
- Functional Programming without OOP Paradigms
- “Modules” or namespaces /
- Distribution – fund the clojars! (https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/clojars)
- Functions as first class (high-order fns, fns as return types)
- Code testing/schema/spec
- Team – Sizes
- Micro-services / Serverless
- Open Source book – http://aosabook.org/en/index.html
- Peter Novig on Design Patterns in LISP – http://norvig.com/design-patterns/design-patterns.pdf
- Fred George on Programmer Anarchy https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fred+george+programmer+anarchy
- Docker and Unikernels
Music: Thanks to the very talented ptzery for the permitting us to use his music on the opening and closing of the podcast. This track is Melon Hamburger. You can give his work some ❤️ and hear more on his SoundCloud.