10th episode … holy shit we hit double figures!
We celebrate with another village idiot special, this time discussing spec
- Thanks again to Lucas and Michael for a great episode last time. There is lots of love out there for the project so keep it up!
News & Events
- http://clojutre.org/2016/ – it happened and the videos are up!
- Defn will be at Euroclojure – October 25/26
- EuroClojure talks – David Nolen, Carin Meier etc.
- A short, possibly disastrous interlude from (defray impure amusement)
- A podcast first for the Clojure Comedian
Main discussion – Spec
- What it is – what is the history | Type checking | Contracts | Schema
- Why in 1.9, not just a lib?
- What can we do with it?
- Type specification for functions | SH Youtube vids
- And / Or
- Compile time checking
- Validity / Conformance
- Results / Errors as a map
- Generative testing – test.check
- Runtime checking
- Namespaces on keywords
- The revenge of XML continues 🙂
- Effect on the language
- What happens to macros?
- Better error messages?
- Effect on the eco-system
- Better tooling?
Music: Thanks to the very talented ptzery for the permitting us to use his music on the opening and closing of the podcast. This track is Melon Hamburger. You can give his work some ❤️ and hear more on his SoundCloud.